At the MSc Sustainable Energy Technology programme from Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University you will gain a thorough understanding of sustainability standards, various renewable energies, smart grid and power electronics for renewable energy and energy use management in buildings, urban design and other areas.
You will graduate ready to forge a successful career in sustainable energy technology, where recent developments have led to many job opportunities opening up in industry, government institutions and research centres.
Graduates from this programme are well prepared for positions such as electric power system engineer, electric power system consultant, electric power projects manager, and sustainable cities and building design consultant. Graduates may go on to work with industry and government to implement sustainable energy technologies within existing or new systems, and model and evaluate of their impact on ecosystems, economics and society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable Energy and Environment
- Nuclear Energy Technology
- Power System Network and Smart Grid
- Integration of Energy Strategies in the Design of Buildings
- Photovoltaic Energy Technology
- Renewable Kinetic Energy Technologies
- Power Electronics and Applications for Renewable Energy
- Sustainable Urban Planning Strategies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology Sustainable Energy View 8 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in China
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Bachelor Degree in a relevant field, such as: electrical engineering, electronic science and technology, telecommunication engineering, computer science and technology, mathematics, semiconductor physics, automation and control, embedded system, engineering thermal physics, and other related majors
- UK upper second class honours (2:1) or equivalent
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2020 Shanghai Ranking-75 percent or above (Weighted Average Mark)
- Non 211 project; Non Top 100 of 2020 Shanghai ranking-80-85 percent or above (Weighted Average Mark), depending on your undergraduate institution
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or
- 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12321 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18482 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National12321 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18482 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
RMB 120,000 for the entire programme.
If you are a graduate of XJTLU, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 percent of the tuition fee.
Living costs for Suzhou
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.