At the MSc Sustainable Energy Technology programme from Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University you will gain a thorough understanding of sustainability standards, various renewable energies, smart grid and power electronics for renewable energy and energy use management in buildings, urban design and other areas.
You will graduate ready to forge a successful career in sustainable energy technology, where recent developments have led to many job opportunities opening up in industry, government institutions and research centres.
Graduates from this programme are well prepared for positions such as electric power system engineer, electric power system consultant, electric power projects manager, and sustainable cities and building design consultant. Graduates may go on to work with industry and government to implement sustainable energy technologies within existing or new systems, and model and evaluate of their impact on ecosystems, economics and society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable Energy and Environment
- Nuclear Energy Technology
- Power System Network and Smart Grid
- Integration of Energy Strategies in the Design of Buildings
- Photovoltaic Energy Technology
- Renewable Kinetic Energy Technologies
- Power Electronics and Applications for Renewable Energy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, National
- For Mainland China applicants: 30 June
- For international applicants and applicants from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan: 15 June
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology Sustainable Energy View 25 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in China
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Upper second class (2:1) honours
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai Ranking--75 percent or above
- Non 211 project; Non Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai ranking – 80- 85% percent or above, depending on your Undergraduate institution
Note: Chinese applicants are not required to take the MoE postgraduate entrance exam.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
- Equivalent academic qualifications
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8513 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12770 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National8513 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12770 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
RMB 90,000 for the entire rogramme.
If you are a graduate of XJTLU, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 percent of the tuition fee.
XJTLU offers a generous scholarship of up to 50 percent of the total tuition fee for all full-time masters programmes based on academic merit. Should you wish to apply for XJTLU master scholarship, please submit a scholarship application letter in your application stating the reasons why you should be considered.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.