The MRes Molecular Bioscience programme at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University combines biotechnology-related topics such as molecular biology, protein biochemistry and drug discovery, with modules on post-genomic biology and bioinformatics.
With a major focus on project management and advanced research skills, the programme offers you the chance to undertake an in-depth research project and specialised dissertation. Your studies will guided by a customised learning plan, taking into account your background, interests and career aspirations.
The Department of Biological Sciences has internationally respected investigators and excellent teaching and laboratory infrastructure.
Graduates from this programme are well prepared for advanced research careers in both international and Chinese university settings, as well as in the bio-industrial sector in areas such as biotechnology and pharmaceuticals. The programme also provides a solid foundation for pursuing a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Biotechnology
- Research Methods in Post-Genomic Biology
- Research Methods in Bioinformatics
- Technological Project Management
- Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- For Mainland China applicants: 30 July
- For international applicants and applicants from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan: 15 July
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Biochemistry
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- UK upper second class honours (2:1) or equivalent
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai Ranking--75 percent or above
- Non 211 project; Non Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai ranking – 80- 85 percent or above, depending on your undergraduate institution
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or
- 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8836 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13255 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National8836 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13255 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
RMB 90,000 for the entire programme.
f you are a graduate of XJTLU, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 percent of the tuition fee.
XJTLU offers a generous scholarship of up to 50 percent of the total tuition fee for all full-time masters programmes based on academic merit. Should you wish to apply for XJTLU master scholarship, please submit a scholarship application letter in your application stating the reasons why you should be considered.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.