You will graduate the MSc Financial Computing programme at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University with the computational techniques and financial knowledge to deliver effective and innovative business solutions.
The Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering is equipped with specialist lab facilities for operating systems, networking, mobile computing and multimedia technology that will support your learning and research.
Graduates from this programme are well prepared roles such as software engineer, database specialist, infrastructure manager, financial analyst, financial consultant, business analyst, system analyst, investment analyst, e-finance architect, credit manager, portfolio manager, business intelligence executive, wealth services officer, and risk management auditor.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Data Mining and Big Data Analytics
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Software Architectures
- MSc Dissertation Project
- Research Methods
- Databases and Data Management
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Advanced Derivatives
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, National
- For Mainland China applicants: 30 June
- For international applicants and applicants from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan: 15 June
DisciplinesFinance Computer Sciences View 26 other Masters in Finance in China
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Upper second class (2:1) honours
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai Ranking--75 percent or above
- Non 211 project; Non Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai ranking – 80- 85% percent or above, depending on your Undergraduate institution
Note: Chinese applicants are not required to take the MoE postgraduate entrance exam.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
- Equivalent academic qualifications
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8513 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12770 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National8513 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12770 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
RMB 90,000 for the entire programme.
If you are a graduate of XJTLU, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 percent of the tuition fee.
XJTLU offers a generous scholarship of up to 50 percent of the total tuition fee for all full-time masters programmes based on academic merit. Should you wish to apply for XJTLU master scholarship, please submit a scholarship application letter in your application stating the reasons why you should be considered.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.