The MSc Civil Engineering programme at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University embraces research-led teaching, where the students are actively engaged by accomplishing technical tasks, either in the form of group work or individual projects. .
Comprising two semesters of taught modules, this programme also includes undertaking a research dissertation during the third semester.
The programme is accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM) as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng), for candidates who have already acquired a partial CEng accredited undergraduate first degree.
Graduates from this programme are well prepared for roles such as consultant or site manager in the construction industry, as well as similar positions in government, and in water management and infrastructure facilities. Graduates can also find employment as structural engineers, geotechnical engineers, hydraulic and hydrologic engineers, quantity surveyors and quality managers.
Accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM) as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng), for candidates who have already acquired a partial CEng accredited undergraduate first degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable Technology and Building Materials
- Sustainable Drainage Systems
- Critical State Soil Mechanics
- Advanced Construction Management
- Sustainable Engineering With Timber
- Environmental Engineering and Management Practice
- Advanced Simulation of Sustainable Structural Systems
- Advanced Structural Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- For Mainland China applicants: 30 July
- For international applicants and applicants from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan: 15 July
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 11 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in China
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- UK upper second class honours (2:1) or equivalent
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai Ranking--75 percent or above
- Non 211 project; Non Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai ranking – 80- 85 percent or above, depending on your undergraduate institution
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or
- 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8836 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13255 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National8836 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13255 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
RMB 90,000 for the entire programme.
If you are a graduate of XJTLU, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 percent of the tuition fee.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.