The MSc Civil Engineering programme at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University embraces research-led teaching, where the students are actively engaged by accomplishing technical tasks, either in the form of group work or individual projects. .
Comprising two semesters of taught modules, this programme also includes undertaking a research dissertation during the third semester.
The programme is accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM) as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng), for candidates who have already acquired a partial CEng accredited undergraduate first degree.
Graduates from this Civil Engineering programme at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University are well prepared for roles such as consultant or site manager in the construction industry, as well as similar positions in government, and in water management and infrastructure facilities. Graduates can also find employment as structural engineers, geotechnical engineers, hydraulic and hydrologic engineers, quantity surveyors and quality managers.
This degree is accredited as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired a partial CEng accredited undergraduate first degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable Technology and Building Materials
- Sustainable Engineering with Timber
- Advanced Simulation of Sustainable Structural Systems
- Environmental Engineering and Management Practice
- Sustainable Drainage Systems
- Critical State Soil Mechanics
- Advanced Structural Design
- Advanced Construction Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Industrial Design General Engineering & Technology View 14 other Masters in Industrial Design in China
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University and/or in China, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Bachelor Degree in civil engineering or in related field
- UK upper second class honours (2:1) or equivalent
- Top 100 of 2021 Shanghai Ranking or World-class universities or First-class disciplines (MoE, People’s Republic of China): 75 percent or above (Weighted Average Mark)
- Other universities: 80 - 85 percent or above (Weighted Average Mark), depending on your undergraduate institution
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or
- 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18864 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National12576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18864 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
RMB 120,000 for the entire programme.
Living costs for Suzhou
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.