The Master of Architectural Design programme at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University includes both architectural design studios and humanistic and technical modules. A student-centred learning environment offers opportunities for design-driven research and individual experimental enquiry to foster your conceptual design skills as well as research skills in preparation for both professional practice and PhD-level studies.
Students graduating from the programme qualify for Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Part 2 validation, which is the second out of three stages in the formal educational process required to register as a professional architect in the United Kingdom.
Graduates from this programme have an appropriate foundation for employment in the architectural profession at an advanced level. Graduates enjoy excellent employment opportunities in the building and creative industries, in local and international architecture firms, as well as in architecture administration, research and higher education institutions. The programme also provides a solid foundation for pursuing a PhD.
This is the first and only postgraduate architecture course in mainland China validated by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Technology in Architecture
- Design Studio
- Architectural Theory and Criticism
- Advanced Professional Practice
- Topics in Architectural History
- Architectural Design and Research Methods
- Practice Based Enquiry and Architectural Representation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- For Mainland China applicants: 30 July
- For international applicants and applicants from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan: 15 July
DisciplinesArchitecture Design View 6 other Masters in Architecture in China
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- UK upper second class honours (2:1) or equivalent
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai Ranking--75 percent or above
- Non 211 project; Non Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai ranking – 80- 85 percent or above, depending on your undergraduate institution
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or
- 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11782 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23564 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National11782 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23564 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
RMB 160,000 for the entire programme.
If you are a graduate of XJTLU, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 percent of the tuition fee.
XJTLU offers a generous scholarship of up to 50 percent of the total tuition fee for all full-time masters programmes based on academic merit. Should you wish to apply for XJTLU master scholarship, please submit a scholarship application letter in your application stating the reasons why you should be considered.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.