The MRes Advanced Chemical Sciences programme at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University covers a wide range of topics, from synthetic chemistry to nanotechnology, with analytical methods and instrumentation training. Strong emphasis is placed on developing your project management and professional skills. After completing the taught modules, you will conduct a 12-month extensive research project of your choice that leads to the Master’s dissertation. Your studies will be guided by a customized learning plan, taking into account your background, interests and career aspirations, by advisement with your supervisor, and the academic and development advisers.
Graduates from this programme are well prepared for careers in a variety of industries, including chemical and material science, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, food and beverages (quality assurance and new formulation), and analytical laboratories.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Analytical Chemistry
- Nanotechnology and Advanced Materials
- Research Project
- Personal and Employability Skills for Chemists
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Topics in Advanced Organic Chemistry
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 71 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in China
Bachelor Degree in chemistry or related discipline
- UK upper second class honours (2:1) or equivalent
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2020 Shanghai Ranking-75 percent or above (Weighted Average Mark)
- Non 211 project; Non Top 100 of 2020 Shanghai ranking-80-85 percent or above (Weighted Average Mark), depending on your undergraduate institution
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or
- 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
International12333 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National12333 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
RMB 120,000 for the entire programme.
If you are a graduate of XJTLU, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 percent of the tuition fee.
Living costs for Suzhou
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.