The MRes Advanced Chemical Sciences programme at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University covers a wide range of topics, from synthetic chemistry to nanotechnology, with analytical methods and instrumentation training. Strong emphasis is placed on developing your project management and professional skills. After completing the taught modules, you will conduct a 12-month extensive research project of your choice that leads to the Master’s dissertation. Your studies will be guided by a customized learning plan, taking into account your background, interests and career aspirations, by advisement with your supervisor, and the academic and development advisers.
Graduates from this programme are well prepared for careers in a variety of industries, including chemical and material science, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, food and beverages (quality assurance and new formulation), and analytical laboratories.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Analytical Chemistry
- Nanotechnology and Advanced Materials
- Personal and Employability Skills for Chemists
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Topics in Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- For Mainland China applicants: 30 July
- For international applicants and applicants from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan: 15 July
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 63 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in China
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- UK upper second class honours (2:1) or equivalent
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai Ranking--75 percent or above
- Non 211 project; Non Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai ranking – 80- 85 percent or above, depending on your undergraduate institution
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or
- 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8836 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13255 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National8836 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13255 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
RMB 90,000 for the entire programme.
If you are a graduate of XJTLU, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 percent of the tuition fee.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.