Applied Linguistics from the Hellenic American College is a two-year, part-time program that draws upon current research in linguistics, psychology, sociology, ethnography, and education. As a student, you will experience the movement from theory-to-practice and practice-to-theory, preparing yourselves to become life-long learners and reflective professionals in language education and intercultural communication.
Strengths of the MAAL Program
- A practicum in a real classroom setting to develop advanced teaching skills.
- Opportunity to earn European-recognized certification as a teacher of English as a Foreign Language.
- Courses that develop skills in using technology for language teaching in the classroom and online.
- Courses to analyze language in the real world and classroom settings.
- Option to earn the International Tutor Training Program certification as a writing tutor from the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA).
- Faculty mentoring and personal support for your academic and professional development.
You will develop essential skills to assume key positions as: specialized language teachers, teacher trainers, curriculum and material developers, language consultants and publishers, directors of studies and language researchers. You will also be prepared to pursue PhD studies in Language and Communication or related fields.
- Applied Linguistics and Language Education
- Discourse Analysis
- Understanding Research in Applied Linguistics
- Intercultural Communication
- Second Language Acquisition
- Teaching Reading and Writing in English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- MAAL Application Form
- Official Transcripts
- Recommendation letters from two individuals who can provide information about your academic and professional abilities and attest to your capacity for graduate study. Each referee should complete a recommendation form, seal it in an envelope, and sign his or her name across the envelope seal.
- A current résumé.
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency: If English is not your native language you are requested to submit evidence of English language proficiency.
- A copy of your passport or I.D. card and two passport size photographs.
- A non- refundable application fee of $70.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.