Candidates develop a range of skills, including independent thinking, project management, data analysis and critical thinking, as well as refined communication skills.
The Master of Information and Communication Technologies (Research) at Swinburne University of Technology fosters the development of independent research skills, making it ideal preparation for those looking to undertake further research through a PhD program and/or pursue a career in research.
Aims and objectives
As a student in this program you will develop knowledge of research methodology and techniques appropriate to your field of study, and experience in the application of such methodology by conducting a specified program of research under appropriate supervision. In addition, you will develop skills in analysing literature and engaging in debate in the substantive area of the thesis topic at an advanced level.
This program is suited to applicants who:
- Are interested in a career in research
- Have a genuine passion for research of a particular field
- Have a naturally inquiring mind and a desire to know more
- Are interested in undertaking a PhD program in the future
- Wish to gain an internationally recognised qualification
- Want to enhance their research education and/or employment opportunities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Research areas include:
- Computer science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Informatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences View 47 other Masters in Communication Studies in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code 082696F
- You must have completed a three-year degree with a minimum average of 65% in the final year units of study. Other relevant experience will also be taken into account in assessing your application.
International applicants must provide evidence of one of the following:
- minimum IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0 or an equivalent no longer than 24 months before submitting your application
- satisfactory completion of Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 70%, all skills 65%
- successful completion of a total of 24 months (full time equivalent) of formal study where the language of instruction and assessment was English at AQF level 7 or above (or equivalent) at an approved university no longer than 60 months before submitting your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39240 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39240 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.