You’ll receive comprehensive training in the wide range of research skills required for a research career. This gives you a thorough understanding of the molecular basis and cell biology of cancer.
Studying in a research-intensive environment, you’ll gain laboratory, analytical and experimental experience as well as a grounding in the necessary bioinformatics and experimental theory.
- Internationally renowned, the Genome Damage and Stability Centre is a Medical Research Council Centre of Excellence located within the School of Life Sciences.
- Applied research expertise provided by the Centre's teams, many of which are funded by Cancer Research UK – the world's leading independent funder of cancer research.
- Sussex belongs to the Barts and Brighton Experimental Cancer Medicine Centre, driving the development of anticancer treatments across the UK.
This Cancer Cell Biology degree offered at University of Sussex provides you with a range of transferable skills, knowledge and opportunities to pursue a high-level career in industry or research.
As well as going on to PhDs at Sussex and elsewhere, and to research posts, our graduates have also moved into fields such as publishing and the charity sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Core modules include:
- Advanced Methods in Molecular Research
- Current Topics in Research
- Fundamentals of Cancer Cell Biology
- Life Sciences Master of Science Research Project
- Life Sciences Masters Research Proposal
- Practical Techniques in Cancer Cell Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiomedicine Molecular Sciences Bioinformatics View 236 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
You should normally have an upper second-class (2.1) undergraduate honours degree or above.
- Subject-specific requirements
Your qualification should be in a relevant science subject such as biology, cell biology or genetics. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing.
International22500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £11,000 per year for full-time students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.