You’ll spend a large part of your course researching real biological problems in a research-active laboratory. You’ll closely interact with your supervisor and become part of their research group. Our collaborative links with the Genome Damage and Stability Centre, Brighton and Sussex Medical School and Sussex Neuroscience will give you opportunities to experience cutting-edge research projects across many areas of modern bioscience. Our state-of-the-art facilities include the Sussex Centre for Advanced Microscopy.
With a focus on learning and practicing laboratory skills, this MSc at University of Sussex is a perfect platform for a research career.
Many Genetic Manipulation and Molecular Cell Biology graduates continue their studies as PhD students, often at Sussex, while others follow careers in the pharmaceutical industry and research institutes.
- Molecular Genetics
- Regulating the Transcriptome
- Skills for Research Bioscientists
- Genome Stability, Genetic Diseases and Cancer
- Genomics and Bioinformatics
- Post Transcriptional Control of Gene Expression
- Protein Form and Function
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Molecular Sciences View 245 other Masters in Chemistry in United Kingdom
- You should normally have a lower second-class (2.2) undergraduate honours degree or above.
- Subject-specific requirements: Your qualification should be in a relevant science subject, such as genetics, cell biology, biology, computing or mathematics. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing.
International22975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22975 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11275 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11275 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.