You will study integral parts of the international banking and financial system, and be encouraged to think critically about fundamental issues, such as the importance of effective financial regulation, the impact of the credit crunch, the necessity for corporate social responsibility and the increasing significance of ethical banking. The in-depth nature of the course will prepare you well for working in either legal practice or commercial organisations.
Teaching backed by the latest research
The School has a thriving research culture and most tutors on our LLMs are active researchers, publishing in leading journals. At the same time, the quality of teaching at Bristol Law School has been recognised by the Quality Assurance Agency as 'excellent'. You can therefore expect to participate in carefully-planned, lively and highly informative sessions designed to give you a deep and thorough grounding in your chosen area of law.
Careers / Further study
Studying for International Banking and Finance Law from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) provides an ideal opportunity to develop specialist skills that will be favoured by employers, both in the legal world and beyond. It opens up a range of career opportunities and gives our students the edge over other graduates.
The in-depth knowledge you will acquire in a particular area of law will give you a thorough grounding in the subject area and raise your employability prospects, enabling you to become a specialist within your organisation. It is for this reason that many of our LLM graduates choose to go on to complete a PhD or go into teaching and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Information Technology Law
- International Commercial Disputes
- International Competition Law and Policy
- International Contracts
- International Employment Law
- International Intellectual Property Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There are no specific deadlines, but the sooner you apply, the less likely you are to miss out.
- Postgraduate Certificate – 60 Level M credits
- Postgraduate Diploma – 120 Level M credits
- Master’s – 180 Level M Credits
DisciplinesInternational Law Finance Banking and Investment View 389 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An honours degree of 2:2 or above in Law; or
- An honours degree of 2:2 or above plus a Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) or the Common Professional Examination (CPE); or
- An honours degree of 2:2 or above in a related subject (such as business, politics or international relations) and/or relevant experience: please give full details in your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7750 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home Module Fee (15 Credit): £646
- Offshore Module Fee (15 Credit): £1167
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.