This is the only online postgraduate qualification of its kind in the UK – specially developed for professional practitioners who are providing, or are aiming to provide, clinical supervision to a range of different health professionals including counsellors, psychotherapists, nurses, psychologists or occupational therapists.
It may also be of interest to those working in human services with a counselling role who supervise similarly qualified individuals.
The Clinical Supervision (Online) at University of Derby is completely online, so it enables you to develop and consolidate your knowledge and skills in this very specific area, alongside your current professional life.
Studying online gives you the flexibility to study at the most convenient time and place for you. Course modules still operate within a fixed trimester but you can choose to study during the day, in the evenings or at the weekend rather than having to attend fixed lectures. You’ve got the control to be able to study when it suits you.
This course aims to help experienced health and social care practitioners develop both personally and professionally. It is ideally suited if you wish to:
- specialise in offering clinical supervision and a higher level of expertise within your clinical practice. This could be offered to groups or individuals within either the private or public sector.
- improve your employability as a clinical leader or manager.
This course will provide you with the theoretical knowledge to offer clinical supervision to both existing professionals as well as students whom are commencing their careers and require the guidance of suitably qualified and experienced clinical supervisors. It will therefore enhance your career within the profession as well as enable you to progress academically onto a doctoral level of study.
If you are seeking to gain accreditation as a supervisor with your professional body, this course offers a curriculum of clinical supervision that can be used as evidence of academic commitment to the development of your skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concepts and Theories within Supervisory Practice
- Issues and Debates in Supervisory
- Skills in Supervisory Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Public Health Health Sciences View 469 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Be a professionally qualified with a minimum of 12 months post qualification experience within a profession that has a basis within the counselling, psychotherapy or healthcare profession.
- Have evidence of learning at level 6 or equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2835 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2835 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2835 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2835 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.