The Physiotherapy - Professional Qualification programme at University of Limerick aims to develop graduates who are able to:
- Synthesise theoretical and conceptual knowledge of the cardiorespiratory, neurological and musculoskeletal systems to the practice of physiotherapy.
- Be competent in the delivery of physiotherapy interventions for the effective rehabilitation and management of people with a range of conditions.
- Competently prescribe, and monitor physiotherapy interventions responsibly, based on a clinically-reasoned approach following an appropriate assessment and diagnosis.
- Apply specialist knowledge and understanding of movement and movement dysfunction to clinical practice.
- Use an innovative and creative approach to meet evolving service developments and healthcare needs.
- Perform effectively and professionally within a health care team.
- Adopt and facilitate a collaborative, holistic, proactive and professional approach to healthcare practice.
- Articulate and integrate the advanced critical thinking and reflective skills required to be autonomous lifelong learners.
- Use an evidence-based approach in practice which integrates research findings into patient assessment and management.
- Integrate the ethical, social and cultural dimensions of healthcare within clinical judgement.
- Articulate ideas clearly, effectively, collaboratively and professionally to patients, carers, the multidisciplinary team and other relevant stakeholders.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Physiotherapy
- Enquiry in Healthcare
- Preparation for Practice Education
- Physiotherapy in Respiratory Care
- Neurological Physiotherapy
- Exercise and Participation in the Community
- Cardio-respiratory Physiotherapy
- Neuromusculoskeletal cases
- Practice Education
- Chronic Inflammatory States
- Multisystem Physiotherapy Cases
- Innovation in management for Health & Social Care
- Engaging through Complexity
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 73 other Masters in Human Medicine in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A completed postgraduate studies application form (online)
- Qualification transcripts and certificates, including certified English translations of your transcripts/certificates where the originals are in a language other than English.
- English language qualification if English is not your first language.
- A copy of your birth certificate (long document).
International22820 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22820 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA11286 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11286 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.