You’ll study the biological aspects of disease processes, exploring specialist areas that interest you and building professional-level research skills. It’s a programme that offers both a broad base of understanding and the opportunity to investigate specialist areas of the subject. So, as well as units offering advanced analytical techniques and an in-depth understanding of different aspects of disease, you’ll have a chance to look at the areas that match your interests and career ambitions.
Above all, your independent Research Project is an opportunity to explore the issues that fascinate you – making the most of our extensive links with hospitals across Greater Manchester to conduct research in clinically relevant areas in a real-world context.
In short, this course can open doors for your future and equip you for a career full of impact.
This Biomedical Science from Manchester Metropolitan University offers an avenue into a range of specialist fields, such as hospital science, biomedical and pharmaceutical industries. The subjects you’ll cover can also lay the groundwork for careers in research or teaching or to pursue studies towards a PhD.
Our work with the NHS and clinicians helps shape our curriculum, transfers our expertise and ensures our graduates are ready for the workplace and sought after by employers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Biological Aspects of Disease
- Analytical Techniques in Biomedical Science
- Disorder Case Study
- Recent Advances in Biomedical Research
- Research Methods and Ethics in Biomedical Science
- Research Project
- Clinical Haematology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Health Sciences Bioinformatics View 231 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
- You’ll need a good UK honours degree – at least a 2:2 – or the international equivalent, in biological or biomedical science.
- We might also consider your application if you a have an equivalent professional qualification or substantial relevant professional experience, or if you have an HNC medical laboratory science plus at least 10 years’ experience.
- If you are a Fellow of Biomedical Science, you’ll be eligible for exemption from some of the units on the course.
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.