While a taught masters will provide you with specialist training in your chosen field, a research masters will develop advanced research skills, working alongside Faculty of Science researchers - many of whom are major contributors in their field.
As a graduate of the MSc programme you will be skilled in a focused area of expertise, and better equipped to find employment in your chosen field. The MSc is a vital qualification if you want to pursue employment in a research-led area, or progress further academically.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Subjects available in this programme:
- Applied Mathematics
- Biological Sciences
- Biosecurity and Conservation
- Clinical Exercise Physiology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120 or 240
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Area & Cultural Studies Biology View 23 other Masters in Earth Sciences in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Auckland and/or in New Zealand, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Taught/Research 120 points
- You must have completed one year of postgraduate study, following an undergraduate degree, at a recognised university (or similar institution), in a similar field to your intended specialisation. You will need a GPE of 5.0.
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree in science in a similar field to your intended specialisation at a recognised university (or similar institution) with a GPE of 5.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31813 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31813 USD per year during 12 months.
National5057 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5057 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: NZ$8,625.60 – $9,996
- International: NZ$48,386 – $48,622
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.