The Management programme at Birkbeck, University of London examines the essentials of management theory and practice and the core principles and practice of business and organisations in a local and international context. You will gain a broad knowledge and expertise in the design and implementation of strategy at different levels of the corporate organisation and of other types of organisation such as public, not-for-profit and cooperative.
A range of option modules in management as well as specific functional areas allow you to tailor your studies to your own personal or career requirements. You will then use your critical analysis and independent judgement skills to write a dissertation setting out solutions to complex managerial problems in all types of organisation.
The programme also allows you to develop personal and generic skills that are transferable to a wide range of research, teaching and work situations, including the skills of self-discipline, reflection, analysis, communication, leadership and lifelong learning.
An MSc Management differs from the typical MBA in that it covers fewer subjects but in more depth. You will learn more than just the current management fashions and buzzwords: you will also learn about the evidence upon which management theories are based.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals. We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- The programme is taught by a team with international reputations in their respective areas.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available, as well as the Birkbeck Library and e-Library.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue careers in management, including local and national government, business and industry. Possible professions include chartered management accountant, management consultant, or risk manager. This degree can also be useful in becoming a systems analyst, retail manager, or logistics and distribution manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Organization and Management
- Research Methods in Management (Postgraduate)
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Responsibility
- International Business Ethics
- International Business Strategy
- Leadership and Performance Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Master in Management (MIM) View 31 other Masters in Master in Management (MIM) in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
International students who complete the Business pathway on the International Foundation Programme for Postgraduate Study (Graduate Diploma) by passing all four modules (Academic English Skills for Postgraduate Study; Approaches to Postgraduate Study; Professional Communication Skills; Approaches to Business and Management), including passing Approaches to Business and Management with 60%, are given automatic progression to this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17850 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA11550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.