The European Master in Sustainable Energy System Management from Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen focuses on the business and economical aspects of the energy system. It provides the economical and management skills and technical knowledge you need for employment in the renewable energy industry, through real life business cases and projects.
At completing this master's programme you will have a system's perspective in terms of sustainable energy challenges. You will be able to analyse, design, and implement business cases and sustainable energy systems with a systemic and interdisciplinary approach, making you a valuable asset to the whole energy industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
During the core semester you acquire a solid foundation in economics and business concepts. These are related to innovative energy project design and related aspects of the energy business. Combined with planning, strategic decision-making and communication, this core knowledge will allow you to analyse energy business challenges from an interdisciplinary perspective. The core is only offered at Hanze UAS Groningen.
Themes of the core semester
- Energy Transition Context
- Energy Technologies, Plants & Integration
- Markets, Finance, and Law
- Research Methodology
- Models & Scenarios for Strategic Decision Making
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Energy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 7 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Having a BSc. in Business, Economics, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Geology, Engineering Management, Energy Management, ICT, Architecture or Built Environment. Applicants need to have a strong interest in business and the energy industry.
- The criteria may be waived for applicants with relevant work experience deemed equivalent to the academic admission requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 EUR per year and a duration of 16 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 16 months.
- EU/EEA students holding a Dutch master's degree: the full tuition fee for the 16 month SESyM programme is €8000,-.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.