Conserve our environment for future generations – work within the sector on an eight-week placement to reduce human impacts and provide solutions to today's environmental challenges across the globe.
Studying Environmental Consultancy at University of Plymouth , you will:
- Embark on an eight week work placement in the environmental sector which will give you an invaluable insight into the environmental business sector and, in many cases, has led to permanent positions being offered by employers. See the organisations we partner with to provide student placements.
- Benefit from our expertise in areas including species and habitat restoration, evaluation of contaminated water and terrestrial environments, environmental law, geographical information systems, waste management and marine surveys.
- Carry out your own environmental impact assessment, from data acquisition to production of a full environmental statement.
- Investigate through fieldwork how environmental issues and constraints have been managed in the South West and further afield.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Courses include:
- Work Placement Project
- Professional Practice in the Environmental Sector
- Environmental Assessment
- Environmental Knowledge: From Field to Stakeholder
- MSc Dissertation
- Investigation and Assessment of Contaminated Environments
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most of our taught programmes begin in September. Applications can usually be made throughout the year, and are considered until programmes are full.
DisciplinesProject Management Environmental Sciences View 309 other Masters in Project Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
UK / EU
- You will normally be a graduate with an upper second class (2:1) degree or higher from an environmental, geographical, chemistry, marine, geology or biological subject discipline who is looking for environmental sector training. If you apply with a 2:2 and relevant environmental management experience, this would also be acceptable.
- Equally you could be a graduate from related disciplines who has worked within the environmental sector and is looking to gain a specialist qualification. If you apply without recent formal qualifications you may still be accepted.
- If you are an overseas applicant you can check the comparability of your qualifications with the UK equivalent through the UK
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time (Home) £580 per 10 credits
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.