We seek students from business/management, accounting and finance, or those with a quantitative background. Because our students come from such a variety of backgrounds and range in age and experience, you will find our class discussions a stimulating arena in which to explore new ideas and topics.
In the MSc in Accounting and Financial Management at Birkbeck, University of London , strong emphasis is placed on analysis and interpretation using case study and live company analysis.
- The Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals. We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available, as well as the Birkbeck Library and e-Library.
- This programme is part of the CFA university recognition programmeand has a limited number of CFA scholarships available.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue careers in accounting, finance, or management. Possible professions include licensed conveyancer, management consultant, tax adviser, or economist. This degree may also be useful in becoming an accounting technician, chartered certified accountant, or chartered public finance accountant.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Applied Financial Management
- Contemporary issues in Financial Reporting for Complex Entities
- Financial Modelling
- Management Accounting and Decision Making
- Multinational Financial Management
- Principles of Financial Reporting
- Principles of Investment Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you enough time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesFinance Management, Organisation & Leadership Accounting View 253 other Masters in Accounting in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Usually a second-class honours degree in a subject related to finance, accounting or business studies. We also welcome students from any quantitative background.
- A professional or other qualification obtained by written examinations approved by the College.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18780 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18780 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12180 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12180 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.