Undertaking one of these specialist pathways combined with core teaching covering genetics and proteomics, provides students with a broad knowledge and practical skill set that supports those interested in pursuing a career in research. MSc Biomedical Science programme is offered at University of Plymouth .
- Choose to specialise in either Cancer Biology, Clinical Neuroscience* or Infection and Immunity.
- Dedicated core content covering genomics, proteomics and transcriptomics.
- 50+ hours of practical-based learning on each pathway (laboratory and computational-based).
- 15-week, independent wet- or dry-laboratory research projects available, supported by a dedicated supervisor.
- Significant financial investment in laboratory infrastructure including our recently built Derriford Research Facility.
- Programme professionally accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS).
- An international reputation in translational research; ranked 1st in the UK for Research Output in Clinical Medicine for REF 2014.
- 100% overall student satisfaction in the 2019-20 Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (University of Plymouth).
- Ranked 41st best UK University in the Guardian best UK universities 2022 rankings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
Project Design and Development
Molecular Biology: Genomics, Transcriptomics and Proteomics
Infection and Immunity
Contemporary Applications in Cancer Biology and Therapeutics
Contemporary Science of Infection and Immunity
Cancer Biology and Therapeutics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications can usually be made throughout the year, and are considered until programmes are full.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Genetics View 276 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should have a good honours degree, or equivalent, awarded by a UK institute of higher education in a biomedical or biological-related subject. Those with a lower second-class honours degree, an alternative subject qualification, or relevant work-based experience are encouraged to apply and will be considered on an individual basis.
- This programme accepts applications from medical, dental and veterinary students who wish to intercalate their studies.
- For overseas applicants, you can check how your qualification compares with the UK equivalent through UK NARIC, who provide an advisory service.
- If your first language is not English, you will be required to provide evidence of competence in English language
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10200 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.