Studying this MSc Advanced Professional Practice in Occupational Therapy at University of Plymouth, you will be able to develop your skills and knowledge in research and scholarly activity around the core principles of occupational therapy. This pathway enables you to explore innovative occupational therapy and occupational science in depth.
- Study on a programme with a long, esteemed history and join the many hundreds of successful graduates from all over the world. You will learn to apply up-to-date knowledge of research and theory, to enhance your creativity and flexibility, and to develop the academic skills needed to work effectively in modern health and social care settings.
- Join an enthusiastic team of occupational therapists, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD students who are pushing forward the boundaries of knowledge on occupational science and occupational therapy.
- Learn within our supportive multi-professional and inter-agency environments on a programme is delivered by experts in a setting where innovative thinking regarding advanced professional development is put into practice.
- Become an evidence-based practitioner, equipped to manage and lead in busy and constantly changing settings and able to reflect on and utilise a range of evidence to support your professional occupational therapy practice.
- Tailor your learning to your own workplace through module assignments and the occupational therapy practice: supported study module.
- Choose from one of three different exit awards to suit your own needs - step off the pathway with a postgraduate certificate (three modules) or postgraduate diploma (six modules) if you wish, or you can continue on to a master’s degree where you will carry out your own research project with the support of experienced occupational therapy lecturers and researchers.
- Complete the programme in one year with the full-time study option or balance work and caring commitments by studying part time over a maximum of five years. The full-time route is suitable for international students, who will be supported to choose optional modules with non-clinical assignments.
Please note that when you enrol on this programme, you always enrol to study the master degree but we offer three exit awards: PgCert, PgDip and MSc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applying Evidence to Practice
- Occupational Therapy Practice: Supported Study
Optional module 20 Credits
Optional modules can be chosen from the Masters level modules A-Z list. Please contact the Professional Development Unit Admissions Team to discuss your options.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine View 990 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- You’ll normally have a first degree (BSc (Hons) at 2:2 or above or European first cycle equivalent) in Occupational Therapy. If you are a non UK-based candidate you must be recognised as a Occupational Therapist within your own country.
- You may be a health or social care professional with a first degree or have related academic degrees. If you do not have a degree but have appropriate experience related to the programme or to any of the chosen pathways you may be eligible to apply.
- You’ll be assessed individually for your ability to study at this level and therefore an interview may be necessary. You’ll normally be required to submit a short piece of writing as part of the admissions process.
International14800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7740 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7740 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time (Home) - £860 per 20 credit module
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.