We are seeing a rise in the level of chronic illness and therefore in the demand for scientifically-validated therapeutic measures. The increasing complexity of health and social systems demands a broader perspective for occupational therapy in practice, teaching and research.
The European Master of Sciences in Occupational Therapy provides you with the ability to evaluate and develop occupational therapy concepts, methods, assessments, guidelines and models of care and to carry out scientific projects.
- The European MSc in Occupational Therapy is the only one of its kind in Switzerland and was approved in 2013 by the Federal Council (the Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research EAER).
- In 2004 and 2010, it was awarded top marks by the Accreditation Institute of the Netherlands. The degree programme has an excellent reputation.
- Due to its international orientation, Occupational Therapy at ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences provides access to a unique international network in occupational therapy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Exploration of concepts of occupation and research
- Quantitative research methods and human occupation, diversity, culture and participation
- Quantitative research methods in relation to evaluation and enhancement of occupational therapy
- Socio-cultural perspectives of human occupation
- Planning a research project within the body of knowledge of the OT discipline
- Conducting a research project within the OT discipline
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Public Health View 5 other Masters in Public Health in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy from a training institution approved by the WFOT or equivalent (i.e. holders of qualifications awarded in the 1990s by professional colleges that later became universities of applied sciences may contact the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) to obtain a UAS title on the basis of their previously awarded qualifications).
International1350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 675 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 675 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- 720 CHF per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.