In the scientific study track, training focuses on the design of two main applications: Electrical Power Systems and Electrical and Hybrid Traction Systems. Students will be able to join a research group in the field of renewable energies and electrical traction, in either the University of Oviedo or any other company. Students who choose to take this path will also be able to access a PhD programme if they decide to do so. The Electrical Energy Conversion and Power Systems program is offered by The University of Oviedo.
In the professional study track, training focuses on the management of electrical energy, so that graduates of this Master's Programme will be able to work in the management area of energy sector companies. Thus, subjects have been designed taking into account two main issues: energy management in large consumers, and the generation and transmission of electrical energy in a liberalized market.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Introduction to Renewable Energy Power Systems, Electrical Traction and Energy Efficiency
- Dynamic Analysis and Modelling of Electric Machines
- Electronic CAD
- Power Electronics Circuits
- Control of Electromechanical Systems
- Dynamic Control of AC Machines
- Power Electronics Devices
- Analysis, Modeling and Simulation of Electric Power Systems
- Control and Monitoring in Renewable Energy Generation Systems
- Industrial Electronics in Renewable Energy Generation Systems
- Distributed Generation Systems and Power Quality
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering View 11 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to register in an official Master's Degree, it is mandatory to have completed an official degree in Spain or in any higher education institution of a member state of the European Union integrated in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that allows students to take a Master's Degree. Students who have obtained their degree outside the EHEA can be admitted as long as the University can verify that these qualifications have a similar level to the corresponding degrees in Spain and they permit graduates to take a Master's Course.
- This Master's Degree is aimed, mainly, at Technical Engineers, Graduates in Engineering and Engineers, or people interested in Potence Systems related to the Efficient Conversion of Energy, who are willing to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-national and multi-cultural environment.
International72 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 72 EUR per credit during 24 months.
National34 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34 EUR per credit during 24 months.
€ 33.56 / ECTS for students to whom the community scheme applies
€ 72.43 / ECST for the rest of non-resident foreign students
Living costs for Oviedo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.