As a student on this European Union Studies programme from Newcastle University you will develop knowledge of three central themes: European integration, public policy in the EU and the EU as an international actor. You gain skills in:
- social science methods and methodologies, international and regional studies politics
- analysis, evaluation and interpretation of principal source materials
- planning, conducting and communicating original research
The course is highly valued by employers who require staff with a clear and comprehensive understanding of the European Union and its institutions and procedures.
Key staff include:
- Mr Phil Daniels
- Dr Jocelyn Mawdsley
- Professor Anthony Zito
This MA is a good preparation for graduates who wish to develop a career with a European dimension.
You are taught by renowned researchers in small group seminars, creating a positive and intimate learning environment.
You will enjoy the benefit of most teaching taking place in the Politics building with the Peter Robinson Library next door. This space includes a dedicated postgraduate computer room and a postgraduate common room.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Integration in Europe
- Thinking About Politics
- Career Development for Masters Level Students (Cracking Careers: Exploring and Driving Your Career Options)
- Theories and Theorists of International Political Economy
- Theories of International Relations
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We suggest international students apply at least two months before the course starts. This is so that you have enough time to make the necessary arrangements.
DisciplinesEuropean Studies View 52 other Masters in European Studies in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 honours degree, or international equivalent, in politics/international studies or a related discipline.
- We will also consider your application on an individual basis if you have lower or non-standard qualifications and/or relevant professional experience.
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU Part time: £3,900
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.