This advanced Embedded Systems and Internet of Things (ES-IoT) course from Newcastle University is a unique blend of five fields of knowledge which work well together:
- tools, techniques and design of Embedded Systems and Internet of Things (ES-IoT) and subsystems
- scientific and engineering principles and practices of Computing Science and Electronic Engineering
- embedded computer systems architecture
- networking and communication systems
- computer programming
You will enjoy a strong emphasis on project work and self-directed learning to develop specialist knowledge in your areas of interest.
The course is delivered by the School of Engineering, combining leading research and teaching expertise in mobile communications and distributed computing. It is taught by experienced academic staff also involved in internationally recognised research work, reflected in hundreds of published papers. You are personally supervised by a staff member during your individual project which is one third of the course.
- Real Time Embedded Systems
- M2M Technology Internet of Things
- Individual Project
- Wired and Wireless Communication Networks and Security
- Internet of Things and Sensor Networks (Coursework)
- Embedded Systems Architectures and Programming
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no application closing date for this course.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 622 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
A 2:2 BEng honours degree, or international equivalent, in:
- electrical and electronic engineering
- computer engineering
- mechanical engineering
- communications, information and control engineering
- a related subject
International23400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.