At a Glance
- Covers many aspects of applied biotechnological applications
- Examine the production of novel biological compounds
- Gain an advanced understanding of contemporary industrial biotechnology
About this Industrial and Commercial Biotechnology course from Newcastle University
Biotechnology is present in all our everyday lives. It could include:
- developing and modifying the enzymes in biological washing powder
- research into generating high-value biofuels
- protecting the crops growing in our fields.
Our Industrial and Commercial Biotechnology MSc:
- provides an opportunity to experience and refine molecular biology skills
- covers many aspects of applied biotechnological applications
- creates networks between fundamental research, the application of biotech solutions to modelling of large-scale bioprocess engineering
- develops your independent research skills
Curious about what our graduates have gone on to do? Find out about opportunities they’ve pursued, and how we can help you develop your career.
Graduates have been successful in taking PhD studentships at Newcastle and other UK Universities, leading them into successful academic careers both in the UK and worldwide. In recent years several students have secured places at the Max Planck Institute, a highly prestigious research centre in Germany.
More recently, several graduates have started jobs in the North East and across the UK that directly use the skills developed in their MSc degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Antimicrobial Discovery
- Practical Techniques in Molecular Biology
- Biotechnology Advanced Topics
- Genetically Engineered Organisms: Food, Pharmaceutical and Industrial Sectors
- Applied Bioinformatics
- Modelling and Control in Bioprocess Systems
- Research Dissertation Project
- Academic and Professional Skills for MSc
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We suggest international students apply at least two months before the course starts. This is so that you have enough time to make the necessary arrangements.
DisciplinesBiotechnology Commerce View 60 other Masters in Commerce in United Kingdom
A 2:2 honours degree, or international equivalent, in a related subject such as:
- biological sciences
International23400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.