You will be taught to create innovative product design solutions in a range of styles and media, which factor in purpose, usability, materials, ecology, desirability, technological feasibility and professional constraints.
International companies are keen to employ our graduates to acquire their skills and knowledge of the automotive design process. Past graduates have gone on to become design directors and chief designers at Jaguar Land Rover, Bentley, Ford, Aston Martin, Lotus, Tata, SAIC, PSA (Peugeot-Citroen), Johnson Controls, Faurecia, and Volvo.
Career opportunities are considered vast and varied within automotive design, research, teaching and design management. You could start your own business, become a design consultant, modeller, illustrator, CAD professional, design manager or marketing professional. You may wish to continue your studies at PhD level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Collaboration in Practice
- Automotive and Transport Design Specialism
- Final Project Plan
- Professional Context
- Global Professional Development- Entrepreneurship
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Automotive Engineering View 46 other Masters in Automotive Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You should have a degree in industrial, product, automotive or transport design.
Entry Qualifications equivalent to 2:1 in an automotive, transport, industrial or product design related degree or relevant professional experience (and the required IELTS qualifications, if applicable). A 500 word personal statement suggesting area of potential MA research.
And an excellent portfolio which should:
- Evidence vehicle exterior and interior design knowledge at a professional level (ideally through placement and/or professional experience) in critical evaluation, creative problem solving, and presentation. Freehand sketching (sketchbooks, etc.) skills and exploration of a wide range of ideas must be extensively demonstrated through project work.
- Illustrate proficiency in developing automotive surfaces and volumes from 2D to 3D through automotive clay modelling or appropriate analogue materials and in CAD.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.