The resulting Master’s Degree in Teaching and Learning English as a Foreign / Second Language at Universitat Rovira i Virgili aims to train professionals to teach English for both general and specific purposes. The degree is a combination of professional and research tracks, and it is designed for national and international graduates, with or without experience, who wish to work professionally in the field of English language teaching.
The obvious area in which the graduates from this programme can work is English language teaching at all levels. In general, language teaching provides students with multidisciplinary training in the humanities which prepares them for all sorts of activities involving the transmission of cultural knowledge. The future master’s degree graduates will be qualified to work in the following fields:
- English teachers in private and state-run language teaching institutions in Spain (Official School of Languages, language services, language academies, adult education, etc.)
- English teachers abroad in both private and state-run institutions
- English teachers for specific purposes in private companies, multinationals and international agencies
- Teachers of other subjects in English for bilingual institutions
- Heads or heads of studies in schools
- English language assistants in foreign universities
- English language teachers in secondary schools
- Language advisors for schools, publishers, or other public and private companies
- University lecturers at graduate or postgraduate level
- Researcher into teaching– learning English
- Author of text books for learning English in publishers and similar companies
- Author of teaching materials – online language learning for publishers and similar companies
- Educational advisor in schools, publishers and other public or private institutions
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Second Language Acquisition
- Methodology of Second Language Teaching
- Research Methods and Tools in ELT
- Materials and Techniques in ELT
- Computer-Assisted Language Learning (CALL) and New Technologies in ELT
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Pre-Bologna Bachelor’s Degree in English Studies; Bachelor’s Degree in English; Bachelor’s Degree in Modern Languages, Culture and Communication; Bachelor’s Degree in Translation and Interpretation, or other qualifications with a foreign-language component such as the Diploma in Primary-School Teaching, and the Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism, and other similar qualifications. The Master’s Degree is also open to holders of some sort of official university degree (bachelor’s degree, pre-Bologna bachelor’s degree or 3-year diploma), or an equivalent that may not be directly related. In the latter case, students will be required to take a bridging course
International2913 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2913 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2913 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2913 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Students with degrees from other countries will be charged an academic tax of €218.15 the first time they enrol only
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.