The Teaching and Learning English as a Foreign - Second Language program from Rovira i Virgili University is a combination of professional and research tracks, and it is designed for national and international graduates, with or without experience, who wish to work professionally in the field of English language teaching.
The obvious area in which the graduates from this programme can work is English language teaching at all levels. In general, language teaching provides students with multidisciplinary training in the humanities which prepares them for all sorts of activities involving the transmission of cultural knowledge.
The future master's degree graduates will be qualified to work in the following fields:
- Language teaching
- English teachers for specific purposes in private companies, multinationals and international agencies.
- Teachers of other subjects in English for bilingual institutions.
- Heads or heads of studies in schools.
- English language assistants in foreign universities.
- English language teachers in secondary schools.
- Language advisors for schools, publishers, or other public and private companies.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Second Language Acquisition
- Methodology of Second Language Teaching
- Materials and Techniques in ELT
- Computer-Assisted Language Learning (CALL) and New Technologies in ELT
- Grammar and Lexicon in the EL Classroom
- Research Methods and Tools in ELT
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Teaching Teaching English View 8 other Masters in Teaching in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Pre-Bologna Bachelor’s Degree in English Studies; Bachelor’s Degree in English; Bachelor’s Degree in Modern Languages, Culture and Communication; Bachelor’s Degree in Translation and Interpretation, or other qualifications with a foreign-language component such as the Diploma in Primary-School Teaching (Foreign Language Speciality), the Bachelor’s Degree in Infant Education or Primary Education (Speciality in English), and the Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism, and other similar qualifications.
- An official qualification issued by a higher education institution in the EHEA, which enables its holder to be admitted on a master’s degree programme in the issuing country.
- A qualification issued by an education system that does not belong to the EHEA.
International2913 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2913 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA1806 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1806 EUR per year during 12 months.
- 1806€ for students from the UE, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Andorra*, or resident in Spain
- Rest of students: €2,913.
Living costs for Tarragona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.