This Strength and Conditioning at Leeds Beckett University will teach you how to optimise human performance so that athletes of all abilities and from a range of sports can perform optimally while also minimising their risk of injury.
You will study the biomechanics and physiology of the human body, focusing on the development of strength and power and cardiovascular adaptations to aid training and performance. You will learn to apply this to your coaching practice while also understanding the perspectives of other practitioners, including nutritionists, physiotherapists and psychologists.
There will be the opportunity to design and implement a programme for athletes or specific populations, allowing you to apply your theoretical knowledge to real-life situations. This experience will help you develop your communication skills and establish positive working relationships with a wide range of people, including players, athletes, officials, coaches and parents.
Whether you are already working with elite competitors or you are a graduate looking to specialise, this course will prepare you for working with a range of athletes, professional sports teams or in organisations such as the armed forces. Possible careers could include strength and conditioning coach, physical training instructor or personal trainer. You could also undertake further research and study for a PhD.
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Physical Training Instructor
- Personal Trainer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomechanics of Strength & Power
- Physiology of Sports Conditioning
- Organisation & Evaluation of Training
- Multidisciplinary Perspectives in Strength & Conditioning
- Strength & Conditioning Practice
- Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 303 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Sports Science, Sport Coaching, Sport Development, Physical Education or Qualified Teacher Status, at least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment.
- All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.