You will study the biomechanics and physiology of the human body, focusing on the development of strength and power and cardiovascular adaptations to aid training and performance. You will learn to apply this to your coaching practice while also understanding the perspectives of other practitioners, including nutritionists, physiotherapists and psychologists.
There will be the opportunity to design and implement a programme for athletes or specific populations, allowing you to apply your theoretical knowledge to real-life situations. This experience will help you develop your communication skills and establish positive working relationships with a wide range of people, including players, athletes, officials, coaches and parents.
Whether you are already working with elite competitors or you are a graduate looking to specialise, this Strength and Conditioning at Leeds Beckett University will prepare you for working with a range of athletes, professional sports teams or in organisations such as the armed forces. Possible careers could include strength and conditioning coach, physical training instructor or personal trainer. You could also undertake further research and study for a PhD.
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Physical Training Instructor
- Personal Trainer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomechanics of Strength & Power
- Physiology of Sports Conditioning
- Organisation & Evaluation of Training
- Multidisciplinary Perspectives in Strength & Conditioning
- Strength & Conditioning Practice
- Research Methods
- Major Independent Study
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 307 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Sports Science, Sport Coaching, Sport Development, Physical Education or Qualified Teacher Status, at least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment.
- All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- PT UK: £888 for each 20 credit point module
- Part-time rates for international students are not automatically displayed as there are specific visa requirements which generally limit students to study in the UK on a full-time basis.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.