You will gain practical expertise that will allow you to assess, treat and support individuals from a variety of sporting disciplines. By understanding the process of an injury audit to identify risk factors, you will learn how to implement an evidence-based treatment plan that minimises the chance of reinjury.
You will develop a comprehensive knowledge of pathophysiology, biomechanics and sports-specific clinical reasoning, allowing you to accurately evaluate and treat injuries. You will study rehabilitation strategies and return-to-play assessments, and you will explore the emergent field of prehabilitation, which aims to prevent injuries before they occur.
Career after Sport and Exercise Medicine course from Leeds Beckett University
You could go on to work for a professional or amateur sports club, a national governing body, the NHS or as a self-employed practitioner within a private sports clinic. If you’re already working in the field, the knowledge you’ll gain will allow you to take on more responsibility and improve the health and performance of both recreational and professional athletic populations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Epidemiology & Sports Trauma Management
- Neuromuscular Biomechanics
- Evidence-Based Practice in Sports Physiology
- Sports Injury Management & Rehabilitation
- Clinical Decision Making in Sport
- Clinical Exercise Testing & Prescription
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 377 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants should have either a medical degree from a recognised university; at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy, Sports Rehabilitation, Podiatry or Osteopathy; or an MSc award in Physiotherapy (pre-registration) or Sports Therapy; or a Master of Osteopathy (MOST). Applicants for this course are not usually interviewed. Therefore, it is important you demonstrate evidence of the following in your personal statement:
- A high level of interest in Sport and Exercise related health care
- Evidence of work experience in a sporting environment
- Evidence of excellent communication skills
- Evidence of self-directed study
- Evidence of the ability to work as part of a team
- Evidence of the ability to integrate information & skills across different subject areas
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8200 GBP per year during 12 months.
- PT UK: £911 for each 20 credit point module
- Part-time rates for international students are not automatically displayed as there are specific visa requirements which generally limit students to study in the UK on a full-time basis.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.