As an AMHP, you will need to act independently and assertively, taking accountability for the decisions you make. Approved by the Health & Care Professions Council, your course will give you the skills to be an effective practitioner with a comprehensive understanding of current legislation. By looking at issues such as asylum, substance misuse and how adult mental health relates to child protection, you will be well prepared for the responsibilities of the role.
This Mental Health Practice programme from Leeds Beckett University is aimed at qualified social workers, mental health nurses, learning disability nurses, occupational therapists and psychologists, and it provides an interprofessional as well as specialist understanding of mental health. Teaching is delivered by a team featuring a number of AMHPs and professionals with extensive expertise in mental health provision.
On successful completion of your course and approval by your local authority social services, you will be able to work as an AMHP. With a recognised professional status, your credibility and employment prospects will be enhanced and you will be able to expand the remit of your current role. You will be well placed to become a leader in mental health, providing support and guidance to members of your team.
- Approved Mental Health Practitioner
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Approved Mental Health Professional Practice
- Mental Health Law and Policy
- Perspectives on Mental Distress
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1656 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should normally have at least a second class Honours degree, hold a recognised professional qualification in Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapy or Psychology and be a registered Social Worker, First Level Mental Health or Learning Disability Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Chartered Psychologist. All applicants should be supported by their employer (normally a local authority) with agreed access to an appropriate practice learning placement.
- This should be submitted as an attachment to your application. In the event that other placement arrangements are necessary, a DBS check will need to be completed.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
EU/EEA3000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 GBP per year during 9 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.