Major field of study and exploratory focus
The areas covered by the programme comprise the core interests of literature, culture, and language in the English-speaking world from a historical and contemporary perspective.
The British, American and Postcolonial Studies program at the University of Münster aim is to provide students with in-depth knowledge of and practical experience with specialist approaches and methods, and to facilitate the development of individual research interests and specializations. Integrated group projects, workshops and independent study modules further students´ academic research and social skills and encourage responsible, self-determined academic work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Theoretical and applied linguistics
- Corpus linguistics
- Global Englishes
- Computer linguistics
- British literature and culture from the Middle Ages to the present
- American studies
- African American studies/Black Diaspora
- Postcolonial studies
- Transnational literatures and cultures
- Empire writing
- Literary historiography
- Gender, and ethnicity
- Book studies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The following documents are required for enrolment from first-time students, transfer students, returning students and students who wish to enrol in a new programme.
- For locally restricted-admission degree programmes: printed and signed application of enrolment (written-form), along with the letter of admission OR
- For non-restricted degree programmes, continuing education programmes and doctoral programmes: printed and signed enrolment application
- Authenticated copy of your university entrance qualification (e.g. Abitur certificate)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- The semester fee is € 303
Living costs for Munster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.