Physics from Western University - Canada allows students demonstrate that they have mastered an adequate level of general knowledge in fundamental physics and are adequately prepared to pursue their PhD research work in their chosen sub-field.
Graduates with Physics from Western University - Canada will:
- gain a working knowledge of the Mathematical Methods of Physics most commonly used in solving physical problems.
- gain computing background necessary for successful research in (astro)physics.
- have a high level of mastery in basic data and error analysis
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Planet Formation and Exoplanets
- Efficient Computing for Data Analysis
- Classical Electrodynamics
- Statistical Physics
- The Interstellar Medium
- Surface Science
- Planetary Motion
- Celestial Mechanics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Radiological Physics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics View 55 other Masters in Physics in Canada
- Four-year B.Sc. degree (or equivalent) in Physics, Astronomy or a related area.
- Achieved at least a 70% (B) average in upper level Physical Science and Mathematical courses.
- International students are encouraged to take the GRE-Physics exam to both strengthen their application and to help the Admissions Committee more fairly evaluate it.
- Biographical information
- Contact information
- Statement of academic intent
- Electronic transcripts from Ontario universities/colleges
- Professional background
- Referee information
- Proficiency in English Scores
- Application fee
- A sample of written work
- List of publications
International12656 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6328 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National4240 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2120 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.