At History from Western University - Canada our students explore the histories of Canada, the United States, Britain and Europe, the Middle East, and Asia, as well as international, transnational, and global history.
The Master of Arts in Public History program combines traditional historical skills with experiential learning to prepare graduates to work as public historians in museums, archives, government agencies, consulting and heritage management.
- Oh Gendered Canada! Gender in Canadian History
- U.S. and the Cold War
- Europe and the Politics of Power
- Global History: An Introduction
- Public History: Theory, History and Practice
- Canada and Its Historians
- Writing History
- Understanding Archives: The Management of Primary Sources in the Digital Age
- Digital Public History
- Rot and Ruin: History and the Downside of Material Culture
- The Middle East and the Great Divergence: Historical Roots of Underdevelopment
- Critical Moments in Women's and Gender History
- The History of Sexuality
- Environmental History: People and Nature Through Time
- Teaching and Learning History
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
30 - 1 year
60 - 2 years
DisciplinesHistory Geography View 45 other Masters in Geography in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 4-year B.A. degree or equivalent from an accredited university, with a major or specialization in History.
- 78% average or better on last ten courses.
- Biographical information
- Contact information
- Statement of academic intent
- Electronic transcripts from Ontario universities/colleges
- Professional background
- Referee information
- Proficiency in English Scores
- Application fee
- A sample of written work
- List of publications
International12656 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6328 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National4240 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2120 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.