To meet this growing demand, the School of EEE in Nanyang Technological University has worked with the Technische Universität München (TUM) to prepare the Master of Science Integrated Circuit Design joint programme with a strong technical emphasis on both the theory and practice of integrated circuit design. The TUM Asia provides the management and administration of this self-financed programme.
This programme is prepared for an 20 month full-time candidature which includes 2 semesters of coursework and practical modules, and a full-time 6 months dissertation. The dissertation must be on a topic related to integrated circuit design. The programme was launched in July 2005. So far the programme has run smoothly to the satisfaction of both students and staff. To date, most graduates from this programme have found jobs in the IC Design industry here in Singapore and some in Germany.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Digital IC Design
- Analog IC Design
- System-on-Chip Solutions & Architecture
- Design Methodology & Automation
- Design Signal Processing
- Mixed Signal Circuit Design
- Laboratory 1: Analog IC Design
- Laboratory 2: Digital IC Design
- Business and Technical English
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology
- Degree / FH Diploma: An applicant must have completed at least a Bachelor Degree (Honors) or European/German FH Diploma or its equivalent in areas of Science/Electrical/Electronics Engineering from a university with recognized standing with at least a 2nd Class Honors or equivalent.
- As the Programme instruction medium is English, applicant must be able to demonstrate a satisfactory level of the language. Applicant whose native tongue or medium of instruction from previous studies (Bachelor / FH Diploma) is not English must submit at least one of the following.
International25169 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25169 USD per year and a duration of 20 months.
National25169 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25169 USD per year and a duration of 20 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.