It is designed to deliver a strong academic and practical foundation for students to become active global citizens and specialists in Chinese development. In 2009, Tsinghua University was selected by the Master’s of Development Practice (MDP) program, created by the MacArthur Foundation in the United States, as one of the ten universities worldwide, and the only university in China, to launch a Master’s program with the goal of cultivating a new generation of international development professionals.
SPPM is partnering with Geneva School of Social Sciences, Geneva University to start an exchange program from September 2017 and dual Master Degree of Public Policy for Sustainable Development Goals (MPP-SDG) from September 2018. Candidates will gain both theoretical understanding and practical field experience that will prepare for employment on sustainable development projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- School of Public Policy and Management has strong academics to support high-level courses. The faculty is from the field of political sciences, economy, public policy/management, law and social science. Half of our faculty members obtained PhD degrees from top overseas universities.
- In order to increase the competitiveness, the school explored external resources to invite world renowned scholars and practitioners to offer more courses to MID students. Almost 30 courses will be offered in a two-year degree program.
- With the integration of the School of Public Policy and Management’s resources, the MID Program’s newly updated curriculum will be in effect starting from the 2015 Academic Year . Students can either choose the curriculum track of Chinese Public Affairs or International Development.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
1st Round: November 1 to December 31.2nd Round: January 1 to February 28(/29).Rolling: March 1 to April 30 (based on vacancies).
DisciplinesInternational Law Sustainable Development View 3 other Masters in Sustainable Development in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete Foreigner's Application Form
- Three recent photos of passport size. One photo should be pasted onto the application form.
- A formal degree certificate of your Bachelor’s degree (notarized photocopy).
- Academic transcript of your Bachelor’s education (original or notarized photocopy).
- Resume in English.
- Personal statement in English,
- Two letters of recommendation (original in English or in Chinese) from scholars of associate professor or higher, or employers
- One photocopy of your passport (personal and ordinary passport).
- Photocopies of English language proficiency test results
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
- Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form.
International5047 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5047 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5047 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5047 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.