The courses offered on the Master in Japan in Asia Cultural Studies at Nagoya University engage interdisciplinary and transnational approaches to exchanges, interactions, and interrelations between Japan and other East Asian countries in their global historical contexts.
At the same time, the program is designed for students to master integrated knowledge and analytical research skills in one or more specialized academic discipline such as:
- literary studies
- cinema studies
- modern history
- intellectual thought
- visual culture.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of Asian culture
- Cultural studies of modern and contemporary Japan
- Genealogy of theories on Japanese culture
- Modern Japanese fiction
- Modern literary theory
- Colonial modernity in Japanese and East Asian literature
- Film theory
- Japanese cinema history
- Asian cinema history
- Cinema and cultural theory
- Visual culture
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages View 5 other Masters in Languages in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Bachelor's Degree Diploma
- Academic Transcript
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- Certified Score Report of the GRE
- Research Proposal
- Two Letters of Reference
- Summary of Undergraduate Graduation Research
- Major Publications
- Documents Showing Other Strengths
- Document Validating Your Nationality and Residence Status
- Certificate of Enrollment
International4390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4390 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- JPY 535,800 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.