Music from University of Ottawa participates in collaborative programs in Feminist and Gender Studies and in Medieval and Renaissance Studies at the master's level (MA only).
Students at Music from University of Ottawa will gain knowledge in:
- musical research.
- Musical Research
- Applied Music
- Proseminar In Music Theory And Analysis
- Proseminar In Musicology
- Research Methodologies In Music Pedagogy
- Analysis And Analytical Method: Tonal Music I
- Analysis And Analytical Method: Post-tonal Music
- Topics In Musicology
- Seminar In Theory And Analysis
- Topics In Musical Pedagogy
- Topics In Piano Pedagogy
- Seminar In Musicology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Musicology View 59 other Masters in Music in Canada
- A BMus.
- A four-year honours BA in music.
- A four-year BA with a major in music.
- Or an equivalent degree or diploma.
- A 75 percent (B+) average is required for the undergraduate degree or diploma. If the degree is from a conservatory, it is deemed equivalent if so indicated on the transcript, or if the total course work is equivalent, to a four-year BA, and includes the equivalent of 6 units in music history and 6 units in music theory.
- Letter of Intent: a letter describing specific interests in the program
- At least 2 writing samples
- Resume required (must include chronological academic history)
- 2 Recommendation letters
- English Proficiency
International18346 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9173 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National4912 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2456 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Ottawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.