The main aim of International Materials Science and Engineering (IMSE) at Tohoku University is to cultivate global-minded engineers and leaders who can take up active roles in the development of cutting-edge technologies based on materials science and engineering.
IMSE is supported by the "Global 30" project. "Global 30" is a Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) program to further promote internationalization of core Japanese higher education institutions and to turn them into world-class international education and research centers. Tohoku University is one of the institutions selected for the Global 30 program and it is in the process of launching the Future Global Leadership at Tohoku University (FGL) programme, which will put the aims of Global 30 into practice. As one of the FGL courses, IMSE is aimed at enthusiastic global-minded international students who aspire to take on key international leadership roles in their futures. All lectures in IMSE can be taken in English.
- Applied Physical Chemistry of Materials
- Computational Materials Science
- Design and Control of Joining Interface of Materials
- Theory of Phase Transformations
- Processing of Device Materials
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics General Engineering & Technology View 19 other Masters in Physics in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Original of TOEFL/TOEIC score sheets, Valid tests: TOEFL-PBT, TOEFL-iBT, TOEIC Public Test
- Certificate of (expected) completion or of degree conferral
- 1 Photo ID and examination admission ticket
- Examination fee
- Written recommendation, prepared by a supervising faculty member or equivalent from your university.
International4115 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4115 EUR per year during 24 months.
National4115 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4115 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 535,800 yen (per year)
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.