Religious Studies from University of Ottawa introduces you to disciplines that play a role in the study of religions are primarily of a historical, sociological, psychological and anthropological nature. Such a study must take into account the plurality of religious traditions and expressions in society and examine the relationships among them.
Students at Religious Studies from University of Ottawa will:
- focus on religions in Canada, including Amerindian and Inuit traditions, and on religions in the comparative cultural context as well as religions in the Graeco-Roman World.
- explore religious phenomena across different religious traditions expressly within their specific cultural contexts.
- Second Temple Judaism
- Psychoanalysis and Religion
- Freud, Jung and Religion
- Origins of Christianity
- Seminar in Religious Studies
- Current Approaches to the Study of Religion
- Religion and Society in Cross-cultural Analysis
- Religion and Anthropology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesAnthropology Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 35 other Masters in Anthropology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants who hold a bachelor with honours in Religious Studies or the equivalent with at least second-class standing may be admitted to the master's program.
- Those who do not have an honours degree in religious studies may be admitted to a qualifying year during which they complete the requirements normally included in the honours program.
- As part of their application, applicants must submit a statement (1-2 pages) describing their research interests.
- Resume (must include chronological academic history)
- Letter of intent
- 2 Recommendation letters
- English Proficiency
International18346 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9173 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National4912 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2456 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Ottawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.