Why to study
The benefits of the Project Management programme at the University of Cape Town are increasingly being used to improve management performance in areas that were not previously thought of as project driven. The course is underpinned by the standards and processes set out in the Project Management Body of Knowledge and the PRINCE2 methodology.
The content is built up from the academic research literature and encompasses construction, engineering, information technology, and business projects in its scope. The programme seeks to maintain a balance in its content to meet the needs of the public sector, utilities and the private sector.
The PG Diploma programme is fully accredited by the South African Council for the Property Valuers Profession* and the MSc programme by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Project Management and Systems Theory
- Project Planning & Implementation
- Human Resource Management & Interpersonal Communication
- Total Quality Management
- Introduction to Research
- Research Methodology
- Introduction to Applied Statistics
- Further Applied Statistics
- Project Risk Management
- Project Finance and Procurement
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management View 9 other Masters in Project Management in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum requirement is a four-year bachelor or honours degree in an appropriate field, obtained from a recognised University. Examples of appropriate qualifications include, but are not limited to: construction management; quantity surveying; architecture; engineering; and planning.
- Other fields outside the construction / engineering fields are also eligible provided they involve project management, for instance in the fields of ITC or commerce, In addition, candidates should have work experience and should preferably be currently employed.
- All prospective applicants whose home language is not English must have obtained a certain level of proficiency in English.
International3764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3764 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National1608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1608 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
- National : R 27 000
- International fee: R 63 200
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.