This exciting course focuses on independent filmmaking and current practices in the film industry. Students will experiment with creative ideas from the outset, taking advantage of our industry-standard facilities, training and equipment.
This course is for
- Solent University’s MA Film Production is well-suited to those with a bachelor’s degree in a related subject, or those with extensive industry experience in advertising, marketing or design.
- The course content is ideal for those wishing to learn advanced filmmaking techniques to enhance their existing role, or move into filmmaking.
- Advanced Filmmaking
- Film Master’s Project: Research and Preparation
- The Politics of Non-Fiction Film
- Finding Fiction
- Master’s Project
- Film Futures - Professional Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 578 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Solent University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Two academic references.
- Certified transcripts of qualifications, including English language proficiency if non-UK student.
- Copy of passport.
- Copy of current visa (if applicable).
- A personal statement.
- Employer sponsor form, where appropriate.
International14100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.