Why to study
As a professional discipline, Development Finance at the University of Cape Town is widely practised today by all central governments; major development finance institutions including the World Bank, the IMF, the UN; as well as public and private sector organisations, international foundations and NGOs.
However there is a shortage of Development Finance experts in Africa, where the expertise is needed most. It's for this reason the University of Cape Town's Graduate School of Business (GSB), has partnered with Africagrowth Institute (AGI), to create the Master of Commerce Degree in Development Finance.
The MCom (Development Finance) programme aims to ensure that Africa produces enough development finance experts to meet the growing needs of the growing continent.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Collection & Probability
- Discrete Distributions
- Continuous Distributions
- Sampling Distribution and Estimation
- Hypothesis Testing and Inference
- Linear Regression
- Multiple Regression
- Model Building
- Time Series Analysis and Forecasting
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A four-year degree or Honours degree in Economics, Commerce, Accounting, Finance or other finance related degrees;
- Alternatively applicants may have a four-year or Honours degree in other non-finance related discipline with at least 3 years work experience in finance related work;
- Students must be fluent in spoken and written English;
- Applicants are not required to take the GMAT or any other tests
International11375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11375 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National7818 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7818 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- National tuition fee: R 131 280 1st year
- International tuition fee: R 191 000 1st year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.