You'll learn, at the Master of Business Administration programme at the University of Cape Town, to see the world for what it is and what it could become and discover how you can transform simple inspirations into meaningful business solutions.
Our Five Learning Goals:
1. Demonstrate the necessary managerial knowledge, tools and techniques to be an efficient and effective manager.
- A clear understanding of the concepts, theories and leading issues in the field of general management and business administration
- An understanding of the context in which business operates
- An ability to evaluate, synthesise and integrate relevant theories of management
2. Exhibit personal leadership competencies that reflect values-based solutions and can be applied to the contexts in which you operate.
- Identify and evaluate the core constructs of leadership and its application to local and global contexts
- Appreciate different perspectives and world views
- Appreciate the relevance of personal concerns in leadership enhancement and identify and articulate personal values systems
3. Be able to adapt your management and leadership skills and apply these in diverse national and international contexts, with a sound understanding of sustainable development issues.
- Understand the different challenges that businesses and leaders face when they operate in diverse national and international environments
- Be able to adapt to diverse cultures and institutional environments and operate in conditions of uncertainty
- Understand sustainable development issues and the role of business in promoting these
4. Demonstrate entrepreneurial competencies based on innovation and creativity.
- Approach, decipher, and ultimately create value for entrepreneurial enterprises
- Develop various tools and skills to identify areas in which a business or innovation is viable
- Initiate relationships and engage with various stakeholders to further develop innovative ideas and proposals for businesses of all types
5. Possess the pedagogical skills of critical thinking, problem solving, collection and analysis of data and effective written communication.
- Understand research skills and be able to manipulate quantitative information, graphs and equations
- Understand, evaluate and critique written texts of descriptive, prescriptive and argumentative character
- Conduct independent research and produce written texts in line with international standards
- Communicate verbally or in writing with professional audiences
- Challenge orthodoxies and redefine existing knowledge, while demonstrating an awareness of the nature of knowledge in the field
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Organisations, Leadership and Values
- Evidence- Based Practice
- Markets in Emerging Countries
- Business, Government and Society
- Leadership and Personal Development
- Economics for Business
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 19 other Masters in Business Administration in South Africa
- Be 25 years or older
- Be fluent in English. Applicants whose mother tongue is not English will be required to produce a TOEFL certificate to verify fluency in English.
- Have completed a recognised tertiary degree.Candidates not meeting the tertiary degree requirement, can apply through the Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) route and submit the Portfolio of Learning (POL) assessment form.
In addition to the above criteria the GSB uses a number of other indicators including essays about life experience, goals, attitudes and values, evaluations from two referees as well as details of job, educational and extramural activities.
For more information, please check the program website.
International28492 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28492 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National15485 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15485 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- National tuition fee: R 260 000
- International tuition fee: R 478 400
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.