This is the only national Executive MBA program that offers a truly team-based learning experience and a Personal Coaching program.
Unlike other executive MBA programs that draw their students from a single city, Smith's Executive MBA from Queen's University is a national program, drawing participants from every region in Canada. This creates a broader perspective in the classroom and adds greater richness to the discussions. It also creates a powerful alumni network that spans the country.
In today’s workplace, business is conducted in teams. In Smith's Executive MBA, you will be part of a team for the duration of the program. Working with your dedicated Team Coach, you will learn how to quickly elevate your team’s performance, increasing efficiency and effectiveness. You will have hands-on opportunities to practice your leadership and team skills.
As a graduate of the Smith's Executive MBA program, you will have earned Canada’s most respected MBA degree – a degree that will pay immediate dividends. Most of our participants receive significant promotions and raises while in the program or shortly after graduation. Over 94% of our graduates rate the program a good or excellent investment and, on average, achieve payback on their investment within 3-5 years.
Smith's Executive MBA uses a team-based learning approach to create a highly supportive and collaborative learning experience - both inside and outside the classroom.
Learning Teams are formed at the beginning of the program and remain together for the duration. Each team is comprised of 6 to 8 members, with an emphasis on diversity of background.
Additionally, participants have access to ExecMBA Online; a customized portal and electronic network used to communicate with professors and your classmates outside of class. The network allows you to use your time more effectively, enabling you to download course notes, e-mail, chat or upload assignments from anywhere at any time.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Role of the General Manager
- Creating High-Performance Teams
- Executive Leadership
- Foundations of Accounting and Analysis
- Financial Accounting and Analysis
- Managerial Economics
- Analysis-Based Decision Making
- Managing Human Capital
- Negotiations and Conflict Management
- Global Business Environment
- Management of New Ventures
- Structuring the New Venture
- Leading Innovation & Creativity
- New Venture Project or Management Consulting Project
- Management accounting and Control
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Global Business Strategy
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Executive MBA Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 68 other Masters in Master in Business Administration (MBA) in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form: Application forms can be completed online
- Resume: a current resume that includes academic experience, work experience, memberships in professional associations, and volunteer and community activities.
- Official Transcripts: an official transcript from each post-secondary institution you have attended.
- Cover Letter: a cover letter outlining current responsibilities and assignments, career accomplishments, reasons for applying to the Smith Executive MBA and your professional and personal goals..
- Two References: Referees will be provided a link by your Application Advisor
- Personal Interview: An interview with the Program Director, either in person or by Skype, upon completion of your application
International78000 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 104000 CAD for the full programme and a duration of 16 months.
National78000 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 104000 CAD for the full programme and a duration of 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.