The Tourism and Hospitality program of University of Guelph examines economic, cultural, social and environmental sustainability in tourism operations and destinations. You will develop a critical understanding of how research and knowledge are used to better understand the tourism phenomena and the complexities of its management.
By enrolling in the program, you will graduate with practical knowledge, competencies and analytical skills that can be applied to your career to make informed, optimal recommendations for your employers, customers or researchers. This program is also ideal in preparing you for continued research at the PhD level in tourism, hospitality and the wider service economy.
Are you interested in:
- Sustainable tourism management
- Traveler behaviour
- Place branding
- Community development and resource management
- Sport management
- Market research consultant
- Government analyst
- Destination management
- Tourism industry analyst
- Public sector planner
- Sport management
- Continuing on to PhD studies
- Hospitality and Tourism Revenue Management
- Governance for Sustainability
- Managing Price Risk
- Managing Service Quality
- Organizational Theory and Design
- Strategic Management & Business Game
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Marketing Tourism & Leisure View 17 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in Canada
- Applicants must have a 4-year Honours undergraduate degree (or equivalent) with a minimum B+ (second class) average in the final two years of study.
- All applicants should submit a GMAT score of 550 or higher, or a GRE score in the 55th percentile or higher with their application.
- Applicants must also meet UofG’s English language proficiency requirements, if applicable.
International15332 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7666 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National6412 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3206 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.