The department of Environmental Systems Sciences offers an environment for high-quality research on a wide range of topics. Graduates will be qualified to become specialists and leading personnel in universities, research institutions, environmental and planning offices, local authorities and the relevant departments of banks, insurance companies and industrial enterprises.
Structure of Education
The Master’s degree programme in Environmental Sciences at ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology offers majors in:
- Atmosphere and Climate
- Biogeochemistry and Pollutant Dynamics
- Ecology and Evolution
- Environmental Systems and Policy
- Forest and Landscape Management
- Human Health, Nutrition and Environment
Within the framework of the Master's degree programme, students spend some time outside ETH Zurich - in Switzerland or abroad - and gain work experience with an internship. The programme is rounded off by a Master's thesis on a topic selected from the range of topics of the chosen specialisation.
The Master's degree is completed with a diploma. The Master's degree entitles the holder to the academic title of Master of Science ETH in Environmental Sciences (for short: MSc ETH Environmental Sc.) or in German: Master of Science ETH in Umweltnaturwissenschaften (for short: MSc ETH Umwelt-Natw.).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable Energy Use
- Global Change and Sustainability
- Transdisciplinarity for Sustainable Development
- Physical Glaciology
- Catchment Management and Natural Hazards
- Agricultural Plant Production and Environment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Environmental Sciences View 10 other Masters in Earth Sciences in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students who are currently enrolled in the Bachelor's programme in Environmental Sciences or Environmental Engineering at ETH Zurich and who meet the admission requirements can register for the consecutive Master's programme in Environmental Sciences in myStudies
- Applicants with other diplomas than from ETH Zurich can find information on admission requirements, deadlines and application procedures on the ETH Zurich website.
International1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 662 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 662 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fee: CHF 730/Semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.