Depending on your research interests, you can choose to specialise in the area you enjoy most, from Classical Literature, Ancient History, and Visual Culture of Classical Antiquity. Optional language modules let you further tailor your studies, learning Latin or ancient Greek at beginner, intermediate or advanced level. This route through the course is strongly recommended for those considering a research degree.
Our staff offer expertise in:
- Ancient History
- Classical Literature
- Greek and Roman Art and Archaeology
- Classical Reception
This Classics degree at the University of Nottingham will develop a range of transferable skills, including:
- critical analysis and interpretation of evidence
- developing an idea and building an argument
- communicating clearly and persuasively
As a result, our graduates move into a wide range of careers, including:
- PhD research
- heritage, museums and archives
- marketing, publishing and PR
- central and local government
- Myth, Society and Religion
- Telling Stories
- Dissertation in Classical Antiquity
- Arts in Society
- Mastering the Arts: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Research
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesHistory General Studies & Classics Literature View 420 other Masters in Literature in United Kingdom
- 2:1 (or international equivalent) in classics, ancient or modern history, archaeology, art history, classical civilisation, Latin, Greek, or English
- 7.0 (no less than 6.0 in any element)
- We accept a wide range of qualifications from all over the world.
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.