The MSc in Accounting at Durham University Business School is a one year full-time programme which provides an opportunity for you to develop an in-depth understanding of the theory and practice of accounting as well as the critical thinking skills so valued by employers.
The course covers key accounting topics including financial statements and their preparation, the practical limitations of financial reporting, and the regulatory framework and its complexities.
Key to your career
Whatever your specialist interests, you’ll find our careers team is one of the most useful resources to support you on your way to your target career. Now more than ever, it’s the skills you’re able to demonstrate in addition to your academic abilities that will make you shine in a fiercely competitive jobs market.
That’s why the facilities and services are designed to complement your course and help you develop essential professional and practical skills – from personal resilience and self-awareness to CV writing and interview techniques.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Auditing and Assurance Services
- Contemporary Issues in Accounting and Taxation
- Corporate Reporting
- Financial Planning and Control
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Research Methods and Methodology in Accounting
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications for 2020 entry will open in September 2019.
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Auditing View 6 other Masters in Auditing in United Kingdom
- The equivalent of a UK first or upper second class honours degree.
- Two academic references using our standard form (Download the form - Word format)
- Official transcript of marks
- Copy of degree certificate (if available)
- Copy of English test results (if available).
International26500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Durham University is delighted to offer a wide range of full and partial funding opportunities to outstanding applicants wishing to study towards Masters and doctoral degrees.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.